Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Who Needs Toys?

So after Mia's first feeding this morning, I had her in my lap facing me, but she would not look at me, regardless of what I did. I could have been doing cartwheels for all she cared. Her gaze was decidedly fixed on something on the table next to the glider. I started picking up the different shiny or colorful objects that might have captured her attention and discovered that she was enamored with the water bottle I always keep handy. It had a little bit of water left to swish around, but wasn't heavy and she could lift it easily. All of a sudden, this water bottle became the object of her affection and the sole occupier of her attention. (See evidence below) Amazingly, Mia played with that Dasani bottle for a solid half hour. (I was bored after 2 minutes, but her attention span was impressive.) This age is great.

Her new best friend...

Christmas shopping is going to be a breeze for this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment