Sunday, April 18, 2010

My 30th Birthday


Farewell, 20's... We had a great run!

For my 30th birthday, Nick surprised me with a mystery overnight date. My sister-in-law, Mary was kind enough to take Mia for a night & I was whisked away to an adorable bed & breakfast in the quaint town of Washington, Virginia at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, just outside Shenendoah National Park. We had an incredible dinner at the Thornton River Grille and had a relaxing time away from home, without Mia for the first time. The best part was being able to sleep in as late as we wanted the next morning! (Thanks for giving up your Saturday morning for the cause, Mary.) Nick made my entry into the 30's an easier transition. Thanks, babe!

Our great dinner spot. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but it was amazing!

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about all my friends turning 30 just before me...thanks for breaking it in. It looks like it wasn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to call Meghann on my 30th and cry! lol I am so glad you had a good one, we all need together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to catch up on the past 6 months! After looking at your blog for 30 minutes, I have come to several conclusions:
    1) Mia often looks like neither your OR Nick
    2) Mia looks just as cute in Charlotte's clothes as Charlotte did!
    3) Your wardrobe is insane. (In a good way.) I must either have no time, no money, or no style! Could you send me your hand-me-downs when I send you Charlotte's?

    ReplyDelete