Thursday, September 17, 2009

My I-talian Husband


Nick loves pizza. I like pizza a lot, but Nick really loves pizza. We have it often. When we visit places, the pizza place we love the most in that city is generally our first meal there. When we visit my parents, we go to Donato's. When we visit Nick's parents, we get La Casa's. When we are in Chicago, we go to Giordano's. In DC, well, let's just say we haven't found anything amazing just yet, so we frequent Papa John's (or Faccia Luna if we want brick oven style). The other day we decided to make our own pizza. Nick was rolling out the pizza dough and he and the rolling pin weren't getting along. At the risk of losing our dinner and having an embarassing encounter with our neighbors (we live three stories up), I suggested he take it out on the patio & toss it like real Italian men do. I was hoping for some entertainment, but I didn't want flour and dough all over the kitchen. Nick was brave & went for it. Although the photos I snapped make it look like a success, it turns out to be a little more difficult than just tossing and catching. There was a nice hole in the middle when Nick finally gave up. I think it is because he wasn't using his fists like the pros. He should probably give it one more try... next time, babe...next time...


The pizza actually turned out really well in the end. We may have found our DC option after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment