Thursday, April 21, 2011

Roommate Reunion in DC

At the end of March, I was able to fly to Washington, D.C. to meet up with 7 of my closest friends from college for a long weekend. Although we were not all roommates at the same time, most of us lived with each other at one time or another during our time away at school. It was definitely not easy coordinating 8 different schedules to make this happen, but we were all able to come!


Two of us had to bring infants with us (and one was pregnant), but the babies were troopers and everyone was kind enough to help us hold and accommodate them throughout the weekend.

The nursing mothers...

We did a lot of talking, shopping, eating, and just catching up. I ate so much candy that weekend, it was ridiculous.

It had been four years since we had last gotten together, and it was so great to see everyone!
Love you, girls.


Because Macy and I were already going to be on the east coast, I was able to see all three of my brothers, two sisters-in-law, and a niece and 3 nephews by doing some driving and extending my trip a little. They got to meet Macy for the first time & I got to meet my newest nephew, Bennett as well. Macy and Bennett are only about 6 weeks apart and they already get along great...

It was such a fun trip, but I was sad it was so quick. There were a lot of friends I didn't get to see while I was in DC. We will just have to figure out another time to get back there soon!

2 comments:

  1. Make that two of the roommates were pregnant :). I would have told everyone there, but I was so early and I didn't want to jinx it! That was such a fun weekend. Can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Adge! That is so exciting! I hope you were feeling ok. I didn't notice if you weren't... You were a trooper.

    ReplyDelete