Saturday, November 14, 2009

Signing with Colgate University

As much as we would love to say that Mia is already being recruited, this college commitment wasn't hers. The goalie from the team I coach signed with Colgate this week to play Division I lacrosse. She has worked hard & definitely deserves the honor. We attended the signing ceremony where Hanna and three other McLean students signed with Division I schools to play various sports... Probably the biggest year for recruits the school has had in a very long time, if ever.

My assistant coach and I said a few words about Hanna while the school's principal watched Mia for me. No one was twisting her arm... Mia is always sought after.


Hanna needed a little Mia time after the signing as well. Can you tell the ceremony took the place of a nap that day? And to make matters worse, I took Mia for her 4th shot this week (H1N1 this time) right afterward. She was so desensitized, she didn't even make a peep when they gave her the shot. (A first for the nurse.) I just pretended like Mia was always that tough.



No comments:

Post a Comment